Sometimes referred to as a cap, a dental crown can be utilized to treat an extensive area of decay, preserve a weak tooth, renew a cracked tooth, or mask a discolored tooth. Designed to be situated over the desired tooth and specifically colored to blend with the adjacent teeth for a ideal look, a dental crown maintains and restores functionality to flawed teeth. The dentists of DentalWorks - Avon utilize several different materials for crowns to better treat the needs of patients in Avon, OH.
At your initial appointment with a highly trained staff member of the DentalWorks - Avon team, we will discuss the various crown options with you in order to pick the best material that adheres to your dental concerns, aesthetic objectives, and expenses. When you would like to learn more about the various kinds of crowns and how they can rejuvenate your smile, then read below for further in-depth information.
THE BEST CANDIDATES TO RECEIVE A DENTAL CROWN:
One of our dental professionals can propose a dental crown as a treatment for various reasons, such as:
- For preservation of a damaged, decaying tooth to decrease future dental concerns
- To renew a tooth’s functionality and look after a root canal
- To act as a support structure for loose or worn teeth
- To function as a foundation to hold dental bridges secure
- As a way to cover a fractured tooth, protecting it from exposed nerves that may lead to severe sensitivity and discomfort
- When an area of decay is too extensive to be restored with a regular filling
- Utilized aesthetically to hide discolored or misshapen teeth
KINDS OF CROWNS
Based on the patient’s concerns, tooth location, and wants, crowns are made from multiple materials. Though some crowns can last for around 15 years, some are only a temporary solution.
- Ceramic or Porcelain: Considered the best aesthetic option, this dental crown has a color-match unparalleled by any other material. Ceramic or porcelain crowns are normally used on the forward teeth and matched to the shape, color, and size of the patient’s current teeth. This material is also ideal for those who havewho suffer from] allergies to metal.
- Temporary: This type of crown is made from acrylic or stainless steel and is commonly made in the dental professional's facility for faster protection, as opposed to a permanent crown made off-site.
- Porcelain over Metal: A porcelain over metal crown is an option for protecting forward or back teeth and increases the security of metal to a dental bridge. The porcelain allows the dentist to custom match the natural enamel of neighboring teeth for a seamless appearance.
- Metal: A metal crown is usually created using stainless steel or various other metals, which are individualized for the patient's specific needs.
THE WAY IT WORKS
The first action for men and women in Avon, OH to receive a dental crown is to talk with a dental professional from DentalWorks - Avon during an appointment. At this appointment, impressions of your smile will be taken, which allows for the individualized fit of your restoration. At the time when your dental crown is ready, the treatment area will be effectively numbed with a local anesthetic so the current tooth can be readied to ensure the crown’s fit. Secondary impressions are required to check the appropriate fit and bite before it is secured of the crown onto the natural tooth or attached to a dental implant. The ideal shape of the crown allows for long-term stability. The overall treatment might take a number of weeks to finish because crowns will be sent to a lab for creation. When required, a temporary crown could be recommended.
When the local anesthesia has eased, normal daily tasks may be resumed. The team at DentalWorks - Avon will give detailed post-care instructions, which are necessary to follow for a desirable recovery and healing. We will show you the most effective way to care for your crown, including which foods to avoid. For individuals who grind their teeth or tighten their jaws, a nighttime guard can be suggested to maintain your crown. It is best to maintain your annual dental exams at DentalWorks - Avon in order to ensure optimal oral health in the future. Routine daily brushing and flossing will help to keep away decay or gum disease and the need for further crowns later on.
Committed to your optimal oral health, DentalWorks - Avon provides treatments for men and women in Avon, OH utilizing the most up-to-date dental procedures, such as dental crowns. Patients who require a crown can feel comfortable knowing they have options that fit their aesthetic needs and budget. If you have been considering a dental crown and want to hear more regarding this specialized procedure, we encourage you to call or arrange an appointment with DentalWorks - Avon today.